We are hiring, come and join our team!
Now open for applications:
Head of Finance and Operations
Part-Time – 17.5 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in the development of a new and fast-growing youth charity.
About the role
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO as a senior member of a small but growing staff team, the Head of Finance and Operations is a new role, responsible for developing and implementing the financial strategy and management, business analysis and reporting of Peer Power, ensuring ongoing viability and a secure financial future in line with the organisation’s charitable status, mission and values, as well as playing a leading role in the organisation’s human resources strategy. The job holder will manage and receive support from a part-time Office Manager, and work closely with the CEO and trustees to develop and deliver effective finance management, including planning and strategy.
You will be a qualified accountant with a keen commercial sense and a passionate commitment to the vision of Peer Power. You will provide financial advice and information to the Chief Executive, the Board of Trustees and develop and maintain financial systems and strategies. You will have substantial experience / awareness of SORP, charitable finance regulations and key strategic finance reporting.
We would welcome applications from individuals with HR experience within the charity sector – relevant qualifications are welcome – as well as experience in planning and delivering HR-related projects. A good understanding of basic employment law with the ability to adapt and source advice for more complex situations, as well as experience managing HR systems will also be valuable
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities and skills:
- Qualified ACCA/ ACA / CIPFA or equivalent
- Leadership experience
- Experienced in financial planning and budget management and analysis
- Ideally experienced in the charity sector but not essential
- A strong communicator able to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply
- Commitment to Peer Power’s Values as developed together with young people: Empathy, Respect, Fairness, Open & Honest and Positive
What you can expect from us
You can expect a generous leave allowance, training and a warm, supportive and flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays
- Further 2 days ‘personal leave’ and additional discretionary leave between Christmas and New Year
- Employer contribution to pension
- Application forms and Equal Opportunities Forms should be returned for the attention of the ‘Peer Power Office Manager’ Lucy Hill at Peer Power email@example.com who will acknowledge receipt
- Please email us if you would like the Application Form in Word format rather than PDF
- Please specify the date at which you can start working with us, if successful.
Sadly we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants or consider those applications which are submitted after the deadline
Candidates who are invited to interview will be asked to sign a copy of the submitted application form.
The closing dates for applications is Midnight on Tuesday 17th April 2018
We will then be inviting candidates for interviews in person on:
If you apply please save this date in your diary
The interview will consist of panel-led interview and a role-specific exercise, and will involve young people as equal decision makers.
If we have a large number of applicants we may contact you for a telephone interview prior to the interview date. We will contact you by email or phone to arrange this if required.
We welcome applications from people who have overcome adversity and difficult times in their life.
Download Recruitment Documents here:
Peer Power Application Pack_Mar18_HoF&O