21 Dec We are hiring a Youth Engagement & Coproduction Manager
Salary between £29,177 – £36, 644 dependent upon qualifications and experience
To support wellbeing and work-life balance, Peer Power Youth currently operates a four-day week, and offers flexible working.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be instrumental in the growth and development of a social justice children’s charity that is rooted in the promotion of empathy.
The role is responsible for the overall management and development of high quality, young people’s relational engagement and coproduction activities in projects across London and throughout the UK, ensuring equality and diversity in access and representation.
- Support, motivate and inspire our Peer Engagement Team and Peer Power Experts.
- Build and maintain strong, meaningful and trusted relationships with a wide range of partners and agencies, including health, justice, social care and voluntary sector collaborators.
- Be a caring and positive member of the team at Peer Power, contributing to our mission, living our values, and modelling healthy working practices and relationships
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an exceptional person, someone energetic and ambitious who will ideally grow in their career with us, contributing their time, passion and positive energy to our mission! Is this you?
- you have excellent inter-personal skills, and a high level of social and emotional intelligence. You are empathic, fair and kind, and can relate and connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences
- you will relish the challenge and autonomy this role presents, and in getting involved with all aspects of a young and growing charity.
- You really understand coproduction and are excited to work alongside young people, sharing decisions and budgets. You are passionate about social justice, opening opportunities for young people and ‘going the extra mile’ to demonstrate to young people that you care.
- you are ambitious, looking for somewhere you can grow and build your career and you thrive working in fast paced environments where you can influence growth and innovation
You will have the opportunity to be a part of young people’s journey from ‘peer to professional’, contribute to our healing peer community and witness how support services improve and change because of the engagement of young people.
We offer a supportive and flexible working over a four-day working week, an attractive benefits package, including pension, additional personal/self-care days and discretionary additional days between Christmas and New Year.
Based primarily at our London Victoria office, there may also be opportunities to work from home subject to prior agreement.
The post-holder will receive an Apple Macbook to work from, and a work phone.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, including those with criminal records, regardless of any protected characteristics. We especially welcome applications from people who have overcome significant adversity in their lives and are now able to inspire others positively through their journey and progress
Application pack YEMC_PP_Application Pack
Equal opportunities and diversity form Equal-Opportunities-Diversity-Form
Application form PP-Employment-Application-Form-July-17_Final
We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, and commit to recruitment practices which protects them. We require all employees and volunteers to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and pre-employment checks.
Applications should be returned for the attention of the CEO, Anne Marie Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also send any queries about the role to this email, or call 0203 877 0880. There are more details in the application pack.
Please specify when you apply, the date at which you can start working with us
We are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants or consider those applications which are submitted after the deadline: 12.00pm Monday 21st January 2019