20 Dec Peer Power Awards 2020 – Congratulations to all our Peer Power Experts!
On December 9th we had our annual Peer Power Awards to celebrate everything that our Peer Power Experts accomplished in 2019. Attendees noted what a positive and inspirational event it had been. Thank you to our partners and friends who attended to recognise their achievements and a massive congratulations to all of our Peer Power Experts, Leaders and Advisory Board members for achieving so much.
- 123 young people were involved in Peer Engagement projects with our Peer Power Leaders
- 46 AQA qualifications were achieved by the Peer Power Experts 2019 cohort
- 2 young people attended commissioning training for Feltham YOI healthcare procurement in partnership with Inspirit
- 7 young people from the group attended a 6 week ‘Tree of Life’ group cognitive narrative training encouraging a strength-based approach to identity and their futures
- 6 individual social action projects were planned for delivery this Spring
- Peer Power Experts reached 407 professionals with their stories of lived experience
Thank you to all of the professionals who helped make this possible and who supported Peer Power and its young partners to come this far. We are looking forward to working with you all in 2020 to continue to make a positive impact and put empathy at the core of services for children, teenagers and young adults.
Written by Ria Perez, Peer Engagement Worker